December 2009:
· RunYi has her first school field trip. They go swimming and she has a lot of fun.
· We receive her wheelchair at last!

· We celebrate Grant’s 21st birthday.
· RunYi experiences her first Christmas. I think she will be excited next year, as she will know what to expect. It was so neat to see Christmas through her eyes this year.
· RunYi has her first school field trip. They go swimming and she has a lot of fun.
· We receive her wheelchair at last!
· We celebrate Grant’s 21st birthday.
And now here we are, January 2010! I am hoping to keep this updated a little more frequently. I will be blogging over at Home for the Holle Days regularly (I hope). We now have internet through my cell phone, which isn’t cable or DSL internet, but light years faster than dial-up!
RunYi has consistently remained happy since we got her in China. She has learned English at an amazing rate, but I guess that is what total immersion language learning will do for a person. We are anticipating at least one surgery for her this year. She has a long way to come physically, and a lot to catch up on academically. She is obviously very bright, and we know that in time she will catch up to her age group. There have been some emotional times since we came home, but we all know that she is our girl and she knows she is ours! She does love to tease me and say that she is not my girl when I ask her. She says, “I’m Daddy’s girl!” Which is true, but she does love me, too. After all, I am the one that gets up in the night with her, not Daddy.
We are finally into a good rhythm and life is just back to being busy, which it was all along.
I can’t imagine our life without her. She makes us laugh and it is amazing to see how she has changed in just 9 short months.
RunYi has consistently remained happy since we got her in China. She has learned English at an amazing rate, but I guess that is what total immersion language learning will do for a person. We are anticipating at least one surgery for her this year. She has a long way to come physically, and a lot to catch up on academically. She is obviously very bright, and we know that in time she will catch up to her age group. There have been some emotional times since we came home, but we all know that she is our girl and she knows she is ours! She does love to tease me and say that she is not my girl when I ask her. She says, “I’m Daddy’s girl!” Which is true, but she does love me, too. After all, I am the one that gets up in the night with her, not Daddy.
We are finally into a good rhythm and life is just back to being busy, which it was all along.
I can’t imagine our life without her. She makes us laugh and it is amazing to see how she has changed in just 9 short months.

3 comments:
Awwwww, she is sooooo cute and it sounds like she's doing great! I can't believe it's been 9 months already!
I am so happy for y'all and RunYi! Sounds like everyone is doing great. I've really enjoyed reading your "catching up" posts and looking at all the pictures!
Her wheelchair sure is fancy! We are still waiting on Cassandra's new wheelchair. We'll be so glad when it comes in!
Sheryl, so happy to find your blog. Galia stole my heart in the film and I searched all over to find out how she's doing. It's great to see her big, beautiful, smile again!
Donna
PS: Small world as I'm a NHBO mommy too!
Post a Comment