This was the day I first heard about Little Girl in Pink (LGIP). A message was forwarded to my AdoptKidswithCP yahoo group by Donna. Donna knows Hanni, who had sent this first message telling a little of her amazing story. Hanni had learned that LGIP's paperwork was being submitted so that she could find a forever family. Hanni and her family love LGIP so much, and they wanted to help start the process to find the perfect family for her. LGIP's story was so wonderful, I had to learn more about her. So began the many emails back and forth between Hanni and me. It was such an exciting time, as I heard more details of LGIP's story, and my love for her grew with each email. Hanni shared many of the pictures she has of LGIP. What a beautiful girl she is!
This was a busy time for our family. Our oldest son was getting married in a little over a month. My husband and I had just started discussing looking for another daughter in China. We wanted to try and find a girl around Graycen's age, with cerebral palsy (CP) like Graycen. We decided we would wait until after the wedding and then "start" our search for the perfect girl for our family. Isn't it always when we make plans, that God usually has something else in store for us?
It was during this crazy time, that the seemingly perfect girl, Little Girl in Pink, came right to our attention. The road to bring her home could only be explained by God's hand directing the whole thing. Otherwise it would never work out. Her file was not even at CCAA yet. We did not have one piece of our dossier, a homestudy started, an agency, or even a small part of the money we would need to bring her home. It seemed impossible, but my heart was already totally in love with this Little Girl in Pink! Kevin and I decided we would jump in with both feet, and pursue becoming Little Girl in Pink's family until we were chosen, or another family was chosen.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have just read your whole story and have been sitting her bawling! Valentine's Day is such a special day to us too because that is the day we got our referral of Sophie in 2007! Isn't God good??
Love and blessings to you all!
I can't wait for you to get her,,,it's almost here!
Post a Comment