Thursday, July 17, 2008

Roller Coaster Ride

The months that have passed since we first heard about Run Yi and decided to become her family have gone by slowly and have been filled with so many ups and downs. I am glad I have not blogged about them all--it is too crazy! Our agency has been amazing. They have not given up on bringing Run Yi home to our family, and for that we will be forever grateful. We still have hope that Run Yi's file will somehow arrive at our agency and we can be matched.

I have said from the beginning that if this all worked out there would be no other explanation than God working it all out. That still stands true today. So, we wait. Sometimes more patiently than other times. Sometimes there are tears, and sometimes there is frustration. Knowing that all of this is completely out of my hands has made it easier to give up and be more patient than I might be. If I thought I could affect the outcome somehow, I know I would probably be driving myself and everyone around me insane.

Each morning, I tell myself, "Maybe today will be the day." Surely one of these days it will be true.

No comments: