Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Birthday RunYi!

Our girl turned 5 today. She didn't really know what a birthday was, but I think she will know from now on. We had a small celebration with just our family. As you can see in the video, she loved her Birthday song (please don't pay attention to our off-key singing ;))!

We head to St. Louis tomorrow for the first of our appointments on Thursday. Hopeful to get some answers and soon start helping RunYi.

12 comments:

Goosegirl said...

Happy Birthday RunYi!! You are a beautiful blessing! I pray that God blesses you with health, healing and growth, both emotional and physical. I pray that this year is the best year of your whole life.

In His Grace,
Sivje

P.S. The video did not work. I will check back because I want to celebrate with you.

Goosegirl said...

Ok, it worked this time, but I could barely see it through the tears. RunYi is beautiful and just radiated joy. Thank you for sharing this beautiful blessing.

Carla said...

She is just precious! The video was great! I love when she finally touched the cake and tried a taste. She reminds me sooo much of our daughter that we brought home in January!! She is such a doll.
Happy Birthday Miss RunYi!!

Sally-Girl! said...

Very sweet girl!!!! Happy 5th Birthday!! We will be in St Louis on the 22nd of June at Shriners if you are there then too, we can hook up!

Jon and Debbie said...

I am in tears....what happiness! How beautiful!

Debbie

Cheri said...

Such joy on her little face! Happy Birthday RunYi! I hope you had a great day. She is beautiful.

Karen said...

She is just glowing with happiness! Hope she had a wonderful birthday!

Praying you get the answers you are looking for in St. Louis.

Marla said...

Oh my goodness, she is too precious! My kids just stood here and watched this with me and clapped at the end of the song like they were there. :)

Happy Birthday, RunYi!

Jackie said...

Sheryl, she is absolutely beautiful!!

Happy Birthday, RunYi!!! Hopefully we can have Wen-Wen home very soon and you two can get together again sometime!!

Sue said...

Awwww... Happy 5th B'Day!!!! What a cute video! I love how once she finally digs into the cake she is all about the cake and ignores everyone's questions!!!

Hope your visit last week went well.

amorisa said...

Wow! My heart is so full after seeing how RunYi is flourishing at home. She looks beautiful!I loved reading your travel stories and seeing all the wonderful pictures. I haven't checked your blog I think since you started it, but your family and RunYi have always been in my thoughts. It's fun to see the pics of Jane too.

Our XuXu has been home from Hefei just over a year now and is doing beautifully as well.

Congratulations! and Love to the sweet Little Girl in Pink. Blessing to you all!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I enjoyed reading your blog this afternoon...Had some time to do some blog hopping...always enjoy finding new blogs!
Hope you will visit me. This month I am posting on our Disney trip.