We have finally made a decision about RunYi's American name. This has been debated for a very long time. It has been difficult, because of course we had to come up with an appropriate "G" name. All of our children have names that start with "G". We basically started something and felt we must finish it, so that no one felt left out.
So without further delay, the Little Girl in Pink will be known as
Galia RunYi
Galia is a Hebrew name, meaning wave, wave of God or shall be redeemed by God, depending on the translation site. I am leaning more toward wave of God. It is also a melon
According to wiki*pedia, it is similar to a canteloupe, but with green flesh. So kind of a cross between a honeydew and canteloupe. They are sweet, which of course we already know RunYi is, too.
This name is also to give a little honor to Hanni, who has Jewish heritage. Without Hanni and Fang Fang, RunYi would not be joining our family. We are so grateful for their love of RunYi!
So, there is a little Sunday night distraction. I am still contemplating that tomorrow is day 124!
Praying this is our week.

8 comments:
Oh Sheryl, I love it! It's very pretty and fits her perfectly. Praying this is your week, too. In fact, praying that today is the DAY!! Take care!
Galia is a beautiful name. As I was reading your post I was thinking of a name that I had just heard recently and that it would be a beautiful "G" name. Then I realized that it was on your blog that I had read it....so too late, you already have a Graycen.
Both of your girls are dolls.
Praying that we both hear good news this week!
Galia is beautiful!!!!
C'mon LOA x 2 !!!!!!!! This week - I just know it. I even had a dream about it Saturday night.
That's a beautiful and unique name! Praying you won't need to distract yourself much longer...
I can't wait to give Galia a great big hug....I feel like the wave of God is moving with your LOA very soon!!! Hang in there sweet friend you've come this far, God is not going to let go now, this is when He's wanting you cling to Him a little tighter!!!
~Kim
What a very pretty name for such a pretty little girl. I can't wait to hear you got LOA. Hopefully soon. Are you coming to Waynesville for Chinese New year? We will be there with our Posse. Hope to see you. Thanks for the kind words on my comments the other day. Kathy
What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. We will be praying that your LOA shows up soon so she can finally come home to her family. Jack is doing very well Hefei kids are great! Betsy (Mom to Jack, home 7 weeks now!)
Beautiful. Just Beautiful.
I have a Greyson too.
I call him Boy Child or Crumb Snatcher 1 on my blog.
Can't wait hear your progress in bringing her home!!
Post a Comment