Friday, January 30, 2009

I love "John"

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Not that kind of love!

Yes, our LOA is still lost in UPS land. I am going with the plan B that our agency is working on. Let's just say that I have become a Fed*Ex girl from now on...

Back to John. I decided to call Immigration today to check on the status of our I-800 (form that must be approved before we can go to China). My old friend "John" answered my call. Now let me just say that John is the sweet man (although I have him pictured as a boy young enough to be my son) that helped us get our I-800A approved. He was the nicest guy back in the summer and I was so surprised that he answered my call. I told him my name and that I was calling to check on the status of our I-800. He said, "I was just looking at your file." He also said that the approval should be mailed out today or tomorrow (yes, they are working Saturdays still). Hip Hip Hooray! For once something is going on schedule. Thank you, Lord!

I am still not quite sure why our LOA was lost. I do know that I have a "peace that passes understanding" that can only come from God. My friend Kim & I have been discussing how thankful we are for that peace, especially this week.

We should find out on Monday how China will want to proceed with our paperwork. I feel like we will not be facing another delay. Of course I have been wrong before, but I am keeping the faith!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

UGH!! Sounds like something that would happen to us -- actually, it did - our acceptance papers were lost for 2 days - they will get there I'm sure...

Glad you have the approval though!!!

Aimee