Monday, February 23, 2009

The last of the waiting

Last Thursday 7 families from our agency received their TA (travel approval). They all received their LOA on the same day we did, January 16. They will probably be leaving for China on March 18. The other 4 families, including ours, were Hague families. This means that we were "lucky" enough to have to jump through some additional hoops before we will get our TA issued. So, even though our original LOA was lost by UPS, this is not what is causing the delay with our travel approval. It is our own state department!

Of course this has happened to us. I mean look at everything that we have gone through on this journey. At least RunYi will never doubt that we truly wanted her in our family. I know that this has been a test from the beginning. I just hope that we are passing it all and will soon have her in our arms at last. I am specifically praying that this is the week our TA comes, and we can travel on March 18 with the other families.

I know I am being refined for some reason that I will find out some day. I really have had a peace about all this waiting lately. As the time gets closer, however, I am becoming more anxious. I know that the waiting has to end soon. We are so close.

A family that adopted from RunYi's orphanage last week tried to get new pictures of her for us. They couldn't communicate who they were asking about and they weren't able to get them. I was so sad, but hopefully that just means that we will see the real thing soon.

RunYi's room is ready, her clothes are packed and I am so ready to get on that plane!

I hope she will be as happy with us as we will be with her. I am trying not to have too many expectations, but I have had so long to build them up.

4 comments:

Duchess of Lanier said...

Hoping with you and for you and for RunYi

Marla said...

Oh Sheryl, I'm so sorry. I know how painful and frustrating the waiting can be and I feel for you right now. I'll be praying that TA comes this week!

Mom to my China Posse said...

Praying your TA comes this week. I can't wait to see your Gotcha day unfold.

Mell said...

It will come before you know it! I can't wait to follow your journey! I really appreciate you taking the time to give me your thoughts about whether or not to take Sophie to China. It's a tough decision but I think we will probably leave her with my mom!
I can't wait to hear about your TA!
Love,
Melanie