Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Progress, but still waiting

I just found out from our agency that the Consulate has signed our approval and it is on its way back to Beijing. I am so relieved!

I am trying not to be negative, but I counted up how long we have already been waiting for TA, and it is 40! days. TA is normally issued at around 30 days. Now we are waiting to see if we have to wait another 30 days for our TA to be issued. I am praying that we don't, and we have approval next week. I cannot even fathom having to wait another 2 months to have our girl.

So, good news, but still unknown how long until travel. Heavy sigh...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheryl,

Your patience will pay off soon. She will be in your arms before you know it! Can't wait for that day.

Duchess of Lanier said...

I am so happy to read that you *know* you have your LSCfRS *signed*! We are right behind you as you know, and at least I'm thankful you know that there was progress. It's off the desk of the USA and in the hands of CCAA. That is a little progress and a great relief to know it has moved on. So I say congratulations, and I'm here with you hoping that CCAA moves quickly for you- perhaps the TA is already written and just waiting on signature when they receive the LSCfRS???
A huge thank you for sharing your story! It helps so much for those behind you.
Happy Weekend!
Trena

800 approval 2/27/9

Karen said...

I know the waiting can be so hard... and the "unknown" part can make it even harder. Praying you get an exact travel date and everything falls into place very soon!

Duchess of Lanier said...

checking in with fingers crossed

Anonymous said...

checking in daily and praying you get that magical travel call very soon! The waiting can be so hard. (((hugs))) Dawn and Maria

Kim said...

Hey Sheryl...it just has to come soon! You've waited so long and you have been such a good example to me in your patience. We're 9 months (a whole pregnancy)into an "update" to be completed for our little girl. While you're waiting on your TA, I'm waiting on our DTC. I just can't figure out why doing something good for children who need arms to hold them and love to be given to them would take so long. I can't say I feel "your" pain but I think I have an idea!
Love you girl,,,,hang in there
~ Kim