Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Emotional Day

To say today was an emotional day is definitely an understatement. Once again, no time for words, but pictures speak a volume. I should have time tomorrow to catch up on my thoughts from the past two days. Fang is leaving in the morning, and then we have free time until later in the afternoon. Kevin and Gavin delivered the donations to the LWB Cleft Healing Home. I think they had a life changing experience. I was going to go, but RunYi started crying when we told her mama was leaving for a little while. Not worth the backwards steps we would have taken, so the next best thing was to have Kevin go. Good decision in the long run.
Gavin & Kevin with the Healing home staff and babies
Beautiful girl, waiting to visit her friends at the orphanage

Me, Fang & RunYi waiting at the orphanage--beautiful grounds


RunYi's building where she received her therapy

Her best friend Da Tou

Da Tou, trying to figure us all out

One of RunYi's nannies

In RunYi's sleeping room with her other friend "little white"

RunYi's crib, already filled with another sweet baby

3 more of RunYi's nannies

Reunited with Shu Shu Wang

Picking leaves from the tree

Run Yi and Fang ready for dinner

RunYi and the orphanage director before dinner

RunYi with the assistant director and director of the orphanage

Happy girl

Our family with the orphanage directors. They gave us 3 beautiful gifts from the orphanage.

Fruit sculpture

The directors insisted on feeding RunYi so I could eat. They stuffed her as full as a buddha.

Our family with the gracious directors

At the dinner

The directors, silly girl and Fang

Fang and her little girl in pink

RunYi and the director

Linda, Fang, Me & RunYi

The director and Jane, our guide and forever friend

RunYi and Jane--without whom this story would not have this ending

11 comments:

Kim said...

Wow Sheryl, I can't even express in words what my heart is feeling right now! These photos speak "a thousand words". You are one blessed family. Life will never be the same for ALL of you! Your story is changing my life even from a distant view!!
Have I told you---I'm so proud of you!!???
Love,
~ Kim

patty said...

You fill my heart with such joy. Your family will be forever blessed because you are so full of love and it spills over to us too. It is a privilege to be a part of your world. Blessings!

Mary said...

So glad to hear that things are going well with your beautiful new daughter! May you continue to be greatly blessed.

The Neals

Todd said...

Hi Sheryl,
I have been following your journey. It is truly an amazing one. I can't wait to meet your sweet girl. We will have to catch up in Guangzhou. Only 2 more days.

Abby is doing great. She is a sweetie.

See you soon.
Faye

laurie said...

The pictures look like things went well at the orphanage visit. RunYi looks like she's a pretty good size. Can you give us an idea of what size clothes she's in? I can't wait to see pictures of RunYi and Graycen together. You guys look so happy. I hope Gavin is enjoying this trip. What an opportunity to go to the LWB house. Looking forward to tomorrow's post!!

Kim said...

Ok Sheryl, I know I already posted before but I had time tonight to really study the pictures. I have one request.....Please go back and bring "Little White" home to me....Please....I don't mind begging!!! I think I'm in love! I asked Ellie if we could get a little bro instead, but she is insisting a little sister. Steph said that was't fair, she didn't have a say when we told her she was going to have a new sibling!! I can't wait to hear about his little personality.
~ Kim

Kimber said...

Congratulations, Sheryl...she's beautiful!!

Kimber Graves

Cheri said...

Absolutely beautiful! Your daughter is so sweet. Sounds like things are going well and that you've been truely blessed.

Kellyann said...

She certainly seems to be VERY happy with her new family. I am elated for all of you. I am glad the staff is being so supportive. I did not know that Fang Fang was going with you to pick up the little girl in pink. How neat! I have really enjoyed following your journey! I hope our sock donation made it with you guys.

dutch mom to anhui-boy said...

She's is absolutely beautifull, your little girl in pink. We adopted an Anhui boy in 2007 and Jane was our guide. She is truly a forever friend! Is Peter still driving the van?
I love your blog because your daughter is so special and it bring back memories! Please say hi to Jane from Henny and Inge and Weiming (Guangde)

Kellyann said...

What an opportunity to visit one of the healing homes. Life changing I'm sure.
I am glad you visited the orphanage and got to see where Run Yi has lived her short life thus far. This is a lot of change for her but I am sure she'll adjust to her new loving family in a short time.