Thursday, April 23, 2009

We Made it Home!

Sorry to keep you hanging for so long. We made it home safely and on time around 9:30pm last night. We were greeted by so many familiar faces--I am guessing maybe 30? people. It was great to have such a wonderful welcome home. Since we had the stroller, they let us in a different entrance and we actually surprised everyone by coming in from behind them as they were anxiously watching the exit from the gate. RunYi did great. I was worried she might be overwhelmed by so many people, but she was only shy for just a little bit. RunYi then went to Grant and he held her for a very long time. Graycen went straight to him when we arrived at the airport, too. She was hugging his neck--so cute! Graycen was very sweet. Mary was there and took video, so she said she would get it to me. Anna took lots of pictures with her Nikon D80, and I will get them tomorrow and upload here. For now here are just a few until then:A weary traveler in Chicago, now a U.S. citizen!

Making the introductions--my girls together at last! Eliana watching closely in the background.

Morning hugs. See how much bigger RunYi is than Graycen.

Graycen loves her new sister

Sharing ball cake (from China) while mommy makes eggs
(Disregard the tornado we brought home with us in the background)

More sharing before Graycen goes to school

Graycen is doing really good sharing everything (including mom & dad)

Cheesy girl

10 comments:

Goosegirl said...

Oh my! I got all teary seeing the girls together. I am so happy for you all. I pray that the transition is smooth and that everyone stays healthy. Congratulations on your precious new sweet girl being home.

In His Grace,
Sivje

patty said...

Praise God on your safe return and uniting you precious family. How sweet to see the girls together. I will have to wait a long time to see you. I leave on a trip tomorrow. Love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Marla said...

Yay, you're home! So glad y'all made it OK. Love all the pictures, your girls look so sweet together! I hope y'all get some rest and get settled soon.

Anonymous said...

Sheryl ~ I love all the new pictures!! So glad that Graycen is doing well with all the new adjustments too!!

Christy Sheppeck

Karen said...

Welcome Home! Love the pictures!

laurie said...

So happy to see the girls together. I can't believe how much bigger RunYi is. Can't wait to see more pictures and to meet RunYi in July and see pictures from the trip. If you upload them to snapfish can you send me the link...you know i'm a picture freak 8*D

Jill and Rick said...

Welcome Home!!! It's wonderful to see your family all together, at last.

Jill

Sue said...

Wow!!! What wonderful photos of your girls together!! So glad you had a safe trip back and now have your family together at last!!! Hooray for Graycen for warmly welcoming her sister - sharing is tough, especially mommy and daddy!!!

Kim said...

Wow Sheryl, Your dreams came true. The evidence is in the pictures. They are absolutely precious. Welcome Home.....So glad everything worked out so well for you all!

Love,
~ Kim

Kellyann said...

Welcome Home! How great that the girls are loving on each other already. They look so cute in there matching PJs.
Doesn't it feel great to sleep in your own bed again? I remember it felt like the grandest thing that first night home.
I can't wait to see more pictures.