Today was our last full day in China. We started it out by having our "red couch" pictures at the White Swan Hotel. We then did a little shopping and ended up back at the Deli Shop for lunch. Can't beat the prices, the portions are big and the food is great. At 2:45 we loaded up on the bus to go to the Consulate to get RunYi's visa and take our oath to say we were honest with everything we told the USCIS about our adoption. Gavin stayed at the hotel and we were gone about 2 1/2 hours. We broke down and bought a stroller for tomorrow's long travel day. We could probably have gotten by with out it, but we have 2 layovers that are over 3 hours long. I just hope it lasts until we get home. It was one of the best ones sold on the island, but only $30, so we'll see. We finished off the night at Dolce de Vita Italian restaurant again with Cynthia & Jason and a new family we met at the Consulate today. They are adopting 2 children, a just turned 14 year old girl and a boy that is 6. They are a really neat family, and live in VA. I will be contacting some of our VA friends about them soon. :)
We are all ready to be back home. Our trip has been amazing and will be part of our lives forever. I am just ready to start the adjustments that will have to be made for everyone. We are so thankful for everyone's pr*yers, comments, emails, facebook messages and skype conversations. It has helped to hear your thoughts, ideas and advice. We are so grateful for our family and friends!
Next post from USA!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Will be praying for traveling mercies! Hope you have a very uneventful and safe trip back!
Blessings~
Wendy
Great pictures Sheryl! Praying for a safe and uneventful trip home!
Love the pictures! You look beautiful. I will be praying for your trip home and reunion with the rest of your famly. Thank you again for sharing and letting us be a part of this journey.
Praying for safe travels home Sheryl! Can't wait to see you all at the airport tomorrow night!
I've so enjoyed following your journey! Love all the pictures!
Praying the trip home goes smoothly!
Thank You for sharing your journey with us! I loved the red couch pictures! Such beautiful children with their beautiful forever families! Praying you have a safe journey home!
God Bless
Ann & Tracy
Safe travels!!! Lord-willing, we'll be at the airport to welcome you home!!!
Mary (and kiddos)
Thank you for letting us follow along!!! She is darling. I am excited to watch her progress in your loving care.
Safe travels home with your beautiful princess. I hope and pray the adjustment goes well. Hopefully both girls will fall head over heels with each other and be best of buds!
hope you had a safe trip home.
Post a Comment