Our flight!
Tired mama (1.5 hours of sleep Tuesday) and dad ready to get on that plane!
We flew over Canada and Siberia to get here.
Gavin was about to go stir crazy on the plane
We have arrrived in Beijing! The flight was long but uneventful, which of course makes it good. We somehow got seated in Economy Plus, which was way better than the Economy seating. We have our seats assigned in the Economy section for the way home--which we need to change! Hope to get that accomplished before we leave.
We met one of our travel mates in Chicago and have already formed a great friendship--just like last time. The other family traveling with us got stuck in Dulles, which I am sure is heartbreaking for them. They should be in the air right now and will hopefully join us for touring tomorrow.
We will go to Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Olympic Park and Acrobatic show tomorrow. We then will have a surpise dinner with our friend Maggie's parents from Shenyang! We are very excited to be able to meet them!
The internet is expensive to have in room, so we will just do it one day here. I am typing in the business center right now. Gavin is about to fall asleep, so we'd better get up to bed!
Pictures and more words tomorrow!
Just a few more days until RunYi day!
We met one of our travel mates in Chicago and have already formed a great friendship--just like last time. The other family traveling with us got stuck in Dulles, which I am sure is heartbreaking for them. They should be in the air right now and will hopefully join us for touring tomorrow.
We will go to Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Olympic Park and Acrobatic show tomorrow. We then will have a surpise dinner with our friend Maggie's parents from Shenyang! We are very excited to be able to meet them!
The internet is expensive to have in room, so we will just do it one day here. I am typing in the business center right now. Gavin is about to fall asleep, so we'd better get up to bed!
Pictures and more words tomorrow!
Just a few more days until RunYi day!

18 comments:
I am so happy that your trip went well. Our small group met last night and we prayed for you and your family. I will continue to pray that everything goes smoothly. Blessings Galore!!!!
Glad you made it!! Have fun touring!!
YAY!! So glad you made it!! Enjoy your *vacation* in Beijing....it won't be long until you get your sweet little princess!!
So glad you made it safely! I've been thinking and praying for you.:) Have fun taking in all the sites. Can't wait to see pictures. Love you!
So glad you made it safely. Enjoy your tours as you count down the hours to Run Yi Day.
Dawn and Maria
SO glad to see you made it safely. Cant' wait to follow your journey.
mandi
Yipee!Yipee! Glad that the trip over there went smoothly! Enjoy the touring.
Woohoo!! I can't wait to see a beautiful picture with you and Little Miss Pink!! I am praying for you all.
In His Grace,
Sivje
Enjoy! Enjoy! So glad to hear you made it safely! As you know, the trip goes by so very quickly. I am jealous and would go back in a heartbeat. Can't wait to relive the trip through you.
Debbie
Sheryl, So glad you arrived safely and uneventfully! It's awesome you connected with one of the families! I've been praying and will continue to pray. Margaret called me to let me know you made it safely...she is soooo sweet!!! Thanks for the e-mail, it was nice to read before I left for BSF. Enjoy your time there and soak it all in. Can't wait to start seeing pictures of you holding precious Run Yi. Give Gavin hugs from me! I love you..... ~ Kim
Yay! Enjoy your next few days and I know of course that you just can hardly wait to hold that baby girl! I can't wait to see pictures! BTW,,,we got PA! It was dated yesterday! We are so excited! Happy Easter!
So glad you made it can't wait to follow your journey!!!
YAY YAY YAY!!!! I'm absolutely GIDDY for you guys (and slightly jealous that you get to be in China right now and I'm in rainy MO! lol). Lord-willing we'll be there to see you arrive back in Springfield! Love you guys SO much!
Welcome to China!
I hope you have fun in Beijing!
So glad you made it there safe & sound. You must just be itching to get your arms around RunYi. Can't wait to see picutres!!! Try to take lots for those of us living vicariously through you. I'm looking forward to a huge album to look through at the reunion 8*D Rest up and enjoy your touring days.
Laurie
Happy to see you made it safely to Bejing! Have a great time sight seeing!
Ann
Wonderful!! You are so close now!! This is very exciting. God bless, Shelby
Sheryl, so good to see your post!!!!!! The countdown has begun, and it is even more real now that you are in China!!!!!
Sleep tight,
Laura
Post a Comment