We had an amazing day yesterday! We did not get home until after 11pm, that is why I did not post last night. We first went for breakfast in our hotel and then ventured out to the store called Wonderful again. It is like a mini Wal*Mart, the bags even say it on them and they carry the Great*value brand. On the way back to the hotel, we passed an outdoor show going on that was promoting a computer exhibition. It was very entertaining!
We then were able to talk to family back home via sk*pe. Cannot say enough about that great invention. We talked to Graycen and she was so tired, she just kept saying, "I love you mommy" "Wo ai ni" (I love you in Chinese--so sweet)! She is doing great with Grant and Anna and is at Grandma Holle's today. I have not been able to talk to Garrett, so I am going to try to reach him later. He is busy with the final performances of Mulan Jr.
Then a long day really started around noon. The other family in our travel group arrived around 9:30am to the hotel, and they were ready to go with us at noon--amazing! I don't think I could have pulled that off. First we went to Tiananmen Square and then the Forbidden City. We had been there before on our last trip, but the awesomeness of those places and the history there just doesn't get old. Kevin was able to talk to some Beijing police officers and they compared badges.




One group stopped Gavin and wanted their picture taken with him. They said he was very handsome. I told them I was his mama and Kevin was his baba (daddy). They said, "He is handsome because you are his mama" implying that is was not because Kevin was his daddy. Made us all laugh!

One group stopped Gavin and wanted their picture taken with him. They said he was very handsome. I told them I was his mama and Kevin was his baba (daddy). They said, "He is handsome because you are his mama" implying that is was not because Kevin was his daddy. Made us all laugh!
We then went to the Olympic Park. It was great to be there--we were just wishing it was about 8 months earlier! The Bird's nest and water cube are beautiful. After watching so much of the Olympic games last summer it was so fun to be standing right there.
We then went to the acrobat show. I think it was the same theatre that we went to 3 years ago, but the show was different, well I stayed awake for most of it this time ;) I don't know what it is about that show, but it made me very sleepy again and I could barely stay awake. It is not the lack of entertainment.
We arrived back at our hotel later than we anticipated by about 20 minutes and Maggie's father and their friend were waiting for us. We made a quick trip up to our room and then we were off for an amazing evening! We were treated to an authentic traditional Beijing meal at a former palace that was lived in by the emperor's brother. It was so wonderful to spend time with Maggie's parents and their friends. We all tried several dishes that we would NEVER have ordered on our own--even Gavin. He was a great sport and made a new friend with "Sonny" the Wang's friend's son. They were so cute together, and it made me see how good Gavin would be with a little brother?? :)
We walked around a large lake that has restaurants and bars and it was fun to see a very popular night spot in Beijing. (I need to find out the name of the lake). We arrived back to our hotel around 11:30. Maggie's parents were very generous and presented us with a gorgeous jade sculpture. I will try and take a picture of it and post. It is unbelievable. It will be something we treasure forever. They also gave us some of the "best tea in China", Da Hon Pao. I will be sharing with my tea loving friends. Then they left and I collapsed into bed. It was such a great day!
Maggie's parents have shown us so much hospitality. They wanted to take us out again tonight, but I think we have convinced them to just show us a little of Beijing at night via the car with a little snack. Tomorrow we head to Hefei!
Today is another long day with the Great Wall and Summer Palace in store. I can't believe that we are so close to our girl.

6 comments:
Sheryl-I feel like I'm there with you reading this (so wish I was)! :) Sounds like you're having a great time and taking it all in. You are getting very close to having that sweet girl in your arms, my friend!!
What a great day! I started to fall asleep during the acrobat show too. Just a matter of time.....and you'll have her!
Debbie
Sheryl, What an exciting time you're having, it's evident in your post!!! So glad you were able to meet up with Maggie's parents. That had to be just as special for them as it was for you. The pictures are great and make me remember so much of our trip. I loved touring a little of China via our skyping date, that was so much fun!! Still praying for you, can't wait to hopefully skype with you in Hefe...hopefully you'll give me a small tour again!!! Can't wait for the tea party when you get home! Love and prayers ~ Kim
Hi Sheryl!
Sounds like you've been busy here in China! I heard you sat next to Lisa from our Bethany group on the flight from Chicago. I hope we can meet in Guangzhou and meet one another's girls!!
Sarah (swalles from RQ!)
Sounds like you are having a blast! I laughed at the mention of a little brother for Gavin! LOL! Does Kevin know? Jeff would just give me this unbelievable look mouth open eyes bulging! Can't wait til you meet Run Yi! Our prayers are always with you!
Michelle
What a great time! That food looks wonderful too! I'm excited to see your pics of Run Yi,,,I KNOW you are SO excited!
Love & prayers!
Melanie
Post a Comment