Today we leave Hefei. It is bittersweet. Of course we are happy to be one step closer to home, but it will mean one more loss for RunYi. She continues to do well, although yesterday brought some "testing" of our love in some behaviors at naptime (which didn't happen) and bedtime last night. Although expected, it is still hard to see her so frustrated and maybe even angry with us. I should probably be thankful I don't understand Chinese. I am sure she will wake happy with us again. Yesterday Fang left to go back to California. I think this may have been what triggered the testing. RunYi was very upset when Fang said goodbye, which again, is a good sign for us with future bonding and attachment, but also sad to watch. At least she will be able to talk to Fang on the phone and we will hopefully be able to visit each other once we are all back in the same country.
I have not had the time to write down my thoughts on a deep level yet. It may not happen until we are home. Our stay in Hefei has been very emotional on so many levels. My mom and friend Kim have both commented on the fact that I look exhausted. That is a good description of how I feel. Not necessarily in the physical sense, but all of this has been emotionally draining. It is a process we must go through, and it is taking its toll on me. I had a little cry last night when RunYi was going through the bedtime process. I think this will help me get through today, as RunYi will have another loss of her Ayi Jane. Jane said she will try to make the parting a light hearted event with happiness. I hope it works, because RunYi is a smart little thing.
I just cannot say enough about Jane and her expertise and knowledge of how to handle each event of RunYi's adjustment to us. We are forever grateful to her for everything she has done for RunYi and our family.
Now enjoy the pictures and the next post will be from Guangzhou.

Fish RunYi's ShuShu Wang gave her yesterday.

He wrote on it, "Lu Run Yi: I wish for you to continue to grow up beautiful!"

View from our hotel room on the 20th floor

Gavin thinks the person that invented these solar water heaters is very rich.

Sipping yogurt with gege

One last story with Fang, book from her ShuShu

Smiles for Fang

Fang explaining to her about her coming to America, and RunYi coming to America with us

Fang holding back the tears, RunYi's about to start :(

Our hotel is close to a fireworks testing facility (we think). They shoot them off in the middle of the day?

We decided the pool would be a good distraction from Fang's leaving

A wink from Gavin

Testing the water...

So far, so good. She actually loved it. I have some great video I will upload later. So sweet!

Welcome sight in the skyline as we traveled to a flea market/wholesale market

See the flower on the dash? These are solar powered things that move. They get them from having their car washed at the same place for many times, like 100. Jane actually got a driver to sell him his for 40 yuan ($5). He was very excited. His is only grass, no flower.

At the market

More of the market. It was great to shop where the local people actually shop. Very busy. Can you believe that they actually drive cars down this alley with all the people, scooters and bicycles, too?

Jane bargaining for a bag. This couple told us their daughter is a nurse in England. They are very proud of their only child.
7 comments:
Sheryl, praying that your travels continue to go well and that RunYi continues to adjust. I'm sure this is a very trying time for you all but God will bring you through it. Just know that you have many at home praying for you guys and especially for RunYi during this major adjustment in her life.
Sheryl,
You are such a strong woman so I know you can get through anything especially with God's help. You are amazing!
Debbie
Praying for you to have an opportunity to rest and refresh. What an emotional time for all of you. Please know that I will continue to pray for safe travel and an exceptional bonding experience. I can't wait to meet your precious daughter.
Sheryl, Can you feel this?...(((((((((HUG))))))))))! I know you are totally exhausted in every sense a person can be exhausted. You're doing a great job and I'm certain everything is going to fall in to place. Love all the pictures they're priceless. Lenore sends her love and Dawn has been helping me think of ways of being a help to a person who always has things under control!! Marilyn and Gary have been following your journey and are so very proud of you. We are all praying for you....Can't wait for your next entry...
Love and Prayers,
~ Kim
Sheryl, hang in there. It will get better! Adopting an older child like Emma and Galia is not an easy experience, but they do come around and she will love you unconditionally once she feels safe with you guys.
She has lost so much; just imagine if Graycen was taken from you guys right now and taken to China to live with somebody else.....that is how I truly understood how hard it must have been for Emma to come home to us. As bad as the orphanage was, that was her home, and the Ayis were her family.
I am thinking about you every day. Have fun in Guangzhou, and go to the Gift from China store - I loved it.
Hugs from GA,
Laura
You guys have been super busy. The pictures really bring back memories for us. We may have stayed at the same hotel as the view looks familiar. I know how emotional this process of adjusting is. It will get better. I promise.
You'll feel a ton better when you return home and can sleep in your own bed.
Praying you are able to get some good rest and enjoy your time in GZ. Run Yi looks great! So, so cute!! Looking forward to seeing some video.
Hugs from TX,
Carla
Post a Comment